What Boomers Need to Understand About Aging and Providing Care
For those who provide care for seniors, the most difficult parts of aging in place are not learned beforehand, but during the journey. Here are a few “a-ha” moments to consider:
1. To seniors, the wheelchair is one appliance before the gurney.
2. Parents don’t want to be a burden or an inconvenience to their kids.
3. Aging in place commonly involves seniors caring for seniors.
4. Mealtimes provide an opportunity to build up the self-worth of any aging parent.
5. "I did not realize mealtime would become so challenging.”